After All I've Done


Author: Mina Hardy

Rating: 4.4/5

Recommend: Okay, wtf did I just read?

Wow. I did not expect to be blown away by this. But, I was. For a duration of 24 hours, I doubted, screamed, accused, and then finally, finally, I cackled wickedly when at the end of the novel my suspicions were proved right. Mina Hardy has written such a fantastic, messed-up thriller, that I am able to compare it to the likes of Colleen Hoover's Verity. Job well done Mina.


After All I've Done follows the story of Diana Sparrow: victim of a recent car accident and surgical operation, Diana now suffers from anaesthesial amnesia. In other words, she has no recollection whatsoever of the events that happened 2 months before the accident and the events that happened during and after.

But, that's okay though - Diana has a loving mother-in-law who feeds her delicious food 24 hours a day, and walks into her house unannounced also 24 hours a day. But, that's just love right? Diana wouldn't know. Her own familial relations are complicated at best.


From the very first page, we are thrust into Diana's world and like her, try desperately to understand what happened. The story is also told from the viewpoint of her (former) best friend Valorie. Friends since childhood, what on Earth occurred during that time frame that have now turned them into enemies? What did Diana do? More importantly, what did she forget?

These are the questions you will be asking yourself as you race through the pages of this twisted thriller. I received an early copy of the novel from Crooked Lane Books (THANK YOU) and can't wait to see the reactions on readers' faces when After All I've Done releases in stores on November 10th! 

Comments

  1. Sounds interesting. Would you recommend it to someone who has read like zero to a few book(s) of the genre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I personally read very few thrillers. But, from the instant I read the first page I knew I was going to love this book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Song of Achilles

Vicious

House of Salt and Sorrows