My Life In Plants

 


Author:
Katie Vaz

Rating: 3.8/5

Recommend: THIS BOOK HAS ILLUSTRATIONS. And it has deliciously creamy pages! If you love plants, cats, and charming stories scattered with beautiful, colorful illustrations. then you will love reading this book. Especially recommended for beginner readers. 

My Life In Plants tells the story of Katie Vaz - starting with tales from her childhood and continuing through various events in her life. I picked this book up (in the hypothetical sense since I found it on Netgalley :V) simply because of it's cover and title. It promised a reading experience which I had last felt when seeing the gorgeous illustrations of Nick Sharratt in the countless Jacqueline Wilson novels I read in childhood.

Coming September 2020!


Though not a work of literary fiction, the artwork was definitely on par. Paired with the creamy patterned pages, I think it will be a joy to read as a hardcover!

I had no idea who Katie Vaz was before stumbling across this book. But after reading her stories, the author somehow feels... relatable? At least to an extent. Being a passionate plant lover with a huge soft spot for cats (and plans for graduate study), I think her experiences touched me more than I expected. There were some hints of melancholy which struck surprisingly strong.

The only reason I'm saving the 4+ star rating on this however, is because I wish there were a few more words! If the stories were lengthened into a little bigger chapters instead, it would have been an absolutely perfect read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Song of Achilles

Vicious

House of Salt and Sorrows